A Weekend of Records Falling

Jul 03 2017

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

The entire last week still seems surreal.  I was able to meet Mark Brady and do a bit of fishing at Caresend on Thursday.  In doing so, I broke my PWF personal best with a 10.2 pound beauty. 

As if that wasn't enough, member James Cook and I headed to Henderson for the weekend for an experience we wouldn't forget.  The property was immaculate as always and the fishing was downright silly.  I'm going to skip over the details and get to the meat of the post.  We had 7s, 8s, and one 9.4 lb bass that kept us grinning ear to ear. 

Above is the picture of the 9 pounder…..  A real bruiser!

But…. at 3:30 in the afternoon, I broke my two day old PWF record to land a freak show of a bass…..  11.5 lbs!  I felt certain it was even bigger.  The head on this fish was nothing short of MASSIVE. 

James couldn't sit on the sidelines for too long and landed this big mama on a deep diving crankbait.

Here come the deets…...  Most of the bigger fish came on XD8s (chart and blue) or DD22s on the edges of the main creek channel.  I've marked those spots with yellow dots to show you where.  The black dot is where the 9 came from and it was on a Tx rigged green pumpkin grub being slow rolled on the bottom.  I think I had it on a 1/4oz or 3/8oz tungsten.  The red dot is where BIG MAMA came from and she was on a Carolina Rigged big red 10" worm. 

This trip was a result of our fantastic club owner, his team, and a land owner like Rocky that supplements the ecosystem with pellet food, bluegill and the like.  I'm not aware of anywhere else that gives you the trophy catching opportunities that PWF does.  Thank you guys! 

Jackson

Posted By: Jackson Bean

Jul 03 2017

James Cook

Fry

Number of Posts :

What a great weekend! The best part of the trip besides all the big bass being caught? Jackson surprised me by not running into any of the wasps nest this trip!

Its trips like this that want me to play hooky and get back on the water! Thanks to Steve & the land owners for opportunities like these!

Jul 03 2017

James Cook

Fry

Number of Posts :

Combined the depth graph into 1 picture.

Jul 03 2017

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice map!  What graphing/mapping package did you use?

John

Jul 03 2017

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Hey John,

That's using Insight Genesis that comes with Lowrance HDS electronics.  It's pretty handy to know what you're casting at before you get up on top of it.

Jul 04 2017

Billy Morton

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

My gosh, you guys got into them real good. I need to get back out that way.

Jul 04 2017

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Jackson Bean = HawgHunter!

Me = so jealous….   CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!  

Jul 05 2017

David Curtis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Best Aggie performance ever.

1) Von Miller, 2) Myles Garrett, 3) Jackson Bean…...... in that order

Gig em Jackson!

Jul 05 2017

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

What a great report and some really awesome fish. Thank you Jackson, for taking the time to put all this together, and for sharing some really valuable and enfuego information. Cole PWF

Jul 05 2017

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thank you guys.  If the truth be told, I was still glowing from Thursday morning.  I couldn't have gotten skunked and still been a happy camper.

Super D….  It's getting a little deep in here but I love it! wink

Cole…  I put that photo report together because I truly believe if someone hustles and gets back out there in the next couple of months they can copy what worked for us and have the chance at similar results or maybe even better.  Where we caught the 9 pounder (the black dot), James and I both had on another monster that each took us out to deep water but there are a lot of stumps and standing trees out there and they both got us wrapped.  These fish behaved like big girls….  That singular bite, the hook set, and then that freight train like movement out to the deep and there was little chance to stop them.  I think many of us (me, for instance) have overlooked what a truly special place Dogwood East is. 

Jul 06 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Jackson,

My congratulations to you and James for the terrific success y'all had at both Caresend and Dogwood. Weekends like that don't happen very often, and I'm glad y'all could take advantage of the opportunities presented. What beautiful big girls!

Tom

Jul 11 2017

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

You will not forget the two DDs in a long weekend - congrats.