Friday, Jul 21st @ Henderson – Dogwood Lakes Estate, East (slow, but landed a trophy)

Jul 24 2017

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

We had the pleasure of fishing Dogwood Lakes Estate, East on Friday.  We are definitely in the dog days of summer – it was calm, sunny, and hot!  We had a s-l-o-w day of fishing, BUT it was SO worth it.  My wife landed a trophy – a 9lbs 14oz, 26” long hawg…a real beauty and just a major thrill to fight and land and enjoy.  I guess I know who the fisherman in the family is – she has broken her PB now 4 times in the last 3 trips.  We only boated 4 fish total – a 4lb 5oz (guess who), two 17” fish and the big girl.  A swimbait accounted for the two bigger ones and a C-Rig and T-Rig for the two smaller ones. I would echo the comments from many others – this is a great property – nice wide, stable boat, easy access, beautiful grounds and a welcoming and friendly owner in Rocky. 

Posted By: Mark Daugherty

Jul 24 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Mark, congratulations to you both! Would you mind providing additional info on the swim bait: 4", 6", 8", hard, soft, Huddleston, color, depth, etc?

Jul 24 2017

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Hi Tom - thanks.  We're talking soft, ribbed body, paddle tail type, I think 5 1/4", shad/silver pattern.  Not sure of her retrieve for this exact fish, but generally running 1-4 ft deep.  In this case, over deeper water.

Jul 25 2017

David Curtis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great fish….... contour of the body, length, color. Gorgeous East Texas bass. Congratulations to your wife. 

Jul 25 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Thanks, Mark. Wow. Two beauties in the same photo!

Jul 26 2017

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Haha - yes indeed!!  Thanks Tom and David.

Mark

Jul 26 2017

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Your wife has me beat, congrats on very nice fish.

Jul 27 2017

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

WOW, WHAT A FISH!!!!

Aug 27 2017

Robert Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats to your wife on catching that PB! Awesome looking fish!!!