Go North young man!

Jul 30 2017

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Analyzed the weather reports and everything pointed North.  The forecast was correct, it was 10 degrees cooler with clouds and NNE breeze. This breeze set the day for perfect drifts.  We threw frogs and worms.  Frogs worked better in white and worms in purple/black with a chartreuse  tail.  We lost count on how many we caught and how many blowups we missed.  But quickly or not we found out if we missed just let the frog lie there and they might turn and grab it.  Almost all the action was in the open water from the launch to the white tent.  No action at the end where the two creeks come into the tank. The water is crystal clear and 3 foot lower than last October. We were amazed that the top water bite was over deep water. But they were slamming this frogs and inhaling the worms. Now the funny part of the day.  We had the great idea that we could make a Sprinker frog( hottest thing in lures today) . So after we cut the tails off 10 of my swim baits we could never get the plopping they showed on YouTube.  So now I have 10 tailless swim baits. After we attached the tail and started the retrieve it ran like a German U boat.  Run silent run deep. So if anyone has an idea or knows of anyone needing 10 tailless swim baits let me know.  In hind sight paying $50 on e bay for one might have been a smarter decision. I think the current back order is around 8/15 before they will be available.  Anyways a great day and lots of 2 and 3 pound fish. Tushka is loaded with lots of forage.  If you see a break in the temps take a 2 hour ride.  Bring a cushion or towel for the bench seat on the Jon boat.

Posted By: Robert Lundin