New PB at DLE East Lake on Aug 5th

Aug 08 2017

Terry Pham

Fry

Number of Posts :

First time posting a fishing report, first time at DLE East Lake, and first time catching a double digit bass. Lots of firsts on this trip. Went out with a guest and hit the lake around 7:00am. Beautiful estate and you can really tell that the landowner, Rocky, takes great care in managing the property. I studied Jackson Bean's report and got some great tips from the PWF staff and made sure I had some 15 and 20lb line and some deep diving cranks.

We gave top water a try but didn't see too many fish hitting the surface. Went to the XD8 (chartreuse) and caught a few dinks in the deep part of the lake. Not much luck so we switched over to the weightless T-rigged black and blue senko. Caught a couple of 3-4 pounders in the upper east portion of the lake by the dam. 

I needed to pick up my son from Pine Cove so we left around 10:30. I gave it one last cast on the west side of the lake just north of the island by the tree stumps. Saw my line go and the fish tied me up in the stumps. I waited patiently for the fish to work itself out and then I started to reel it in. Didn't have a ton of fight but then it breached….it was massive! My buddy grabbed the net and I reeled in a 10.6lb toad on 10lb line with a T-rigged black and blue senko. 

We couldn't believe the size of that fish! I was light headed after reeling it in because I don't think I was breathing after I saw it breach! This is why people come out to this lake. Truly a trophy bass fishing lake and it made my year and exactly why I joined PWF. Just wanted to give Rocky props for taking the time to bring out a second boat so all three of us could fish in the afternoon. He is first class. We will definitely be back.

Terry

Posted By: Terry Pham

Aug 08 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Congratulations for catching your new PB, Terry - what a beautiful fish!

Aug 08 2017

Terry Pham

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Tom! A beautiful fish indeed!

Aug 08 2017

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Terry, what have you done?!   Haha! That's a dinosaur! Congratulations!   Man Dogwood has been en fuego this year!  I wonder just how many DD PIGS have been caught there just this year?

Aug 09 2017

Robert Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Congrats Terry! That's a beauty!

Bob

Aug 10 2017

Stone Deft

Admin

Number of Posts :

Congrats Terry

Aug 11 2017

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

TANK!!!

Aug 14 2017

Terry Pham

Fry

Number of Posts :

Jackson, thanks for the amazing fishing report! Definitely helped in my quest to catch a tank!

Aug 16 2017

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Terry,

So happy for you, I saw some of our mutual friends on Monday and they both told me they heard about your "big fish". I'm so happy for you. Great job!

Steve

Aug 18 2017

Terry Pham

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Steve. I'm still beaming from catching that beauty! We are heading to Weston tomorrow for a short half day trip. Thanks for making PWF not only an amazing experience but a great opportunity for me and my kids to spend quality time together.