1st trip to Riley Lake

Aug 09 2017

James Stewart

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Went solo to Riley Lake on Friday the 4th of August for a morning of fishing at this new lake.  It was hot, but probably below average; however, the humidity made up for it.  Throw in calm winds, and i was worn out before noon came along.  Water temps ranged from 85-88, and i had about 4-5 feet of visibility.  Weeds covered the upper third of the lake and most of the shoreline.  Couldn't find any brushpiles in the lake, so the weeds were the only structure.  

Threw the whole tackle box at them, and after working hard for 6 hours, i ended up with 12 fish.  2 were barely over 14" and the rest were harvested.  Caught them equally on a white yellow magic, a watermelon weightless fluke, and a small clear squarebill.

beautiful property.

Posted By: James Stewart

Aug 09 2017

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hey James, do I remember correctly you saying you own a Ranger RT188?   If so would you give me a call please sir?  318-680-7004.  Thanks either way.  

Aug 12 2017

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

This is a great place to lodge. Inexpensive, beautiful and completely remodeled in 2016. Looking to get away from it all wuth your wife or kids This is the place.