Great new lake

Sep 03 2017

Nicholas Borowski

Fry

Number of Posts :

Decided to give the new property a try as it is about the same drive as going to Medina, and since most properties in the San Antonio area were booked, why not.

I got to the property around 7am….I would highly advise people to have a copy of the reservation notes readily accessible as the property doesn't have a PWF sign and if you don't read the reservation notes, you can easily miss the property.  Also, heed the warning on the electric fence—-while I had no issues, I can see somebody driving too fast with low visibility and running right through the wire.

I got on the water at about 740 AM——I noticed the property boat had no plug, so I got held up a bit trying to make a "makeshift" plug (normally I have a spare but gave it to another fisherman earlier in the year).  It currently does not have a plug so please ensure you bring one if using the property boat.  Also, it you're a "heavy-set" man, I wouldn't go into the boat with two people as it's small and you may exceed the weight capacity.  Finally, prepare to get wet as the boat launch can be "fun" lol  Now, on to the fun stuff…

Fished from 740 to 1100 am today.  Caught 40 fish, with around 16 fish being under 14".  I must say, the PWF staff did well with this property as it was a LOT of fun.  Didn't catch anything big, but quantity was there and all bass averaged 2-3 lbs.  All of the fish put up a decent fight.  I caught about a quarter of the fish on a yellow magic topwater lure  (I don't know why this lure catches so many fish, it's almost like a magnet for fish—-cross between a dog walker and popper).  Also had another "double fish" incident where I had a fish on each treble hook which was neat to see again in such a short period of time. I spent about an hour fishing my top water in between the floating grass.  I did try to change the scenery up with a yo-zuri and frog but didn't catch any—-so went back to the yellow magic.  When the topwater slowed down, I went to a TX Rig 7" power worm and had pretty good success….then, for whatever reason, decided to use a TX Rigged senko….and it was like the fishing action erupted 100%+.  The fish just couldn't stop attacking the senko.  I finally called it at 11 am as my trolling motor battery was low on power (had about 3 hours of solid wind and forgot my anchor) as the motor was running constantly.  I will definitely come back as the drive is about the same as it would be if I went to Medina.  I don't mind catching quantity over big fish at times as the action keeps me engaged.  However, I'm sure there are big fish in the lake given how many decent sized bass I caught today.  I didn't fish the entire lake as the action was at the dam and I had no reason to leave….

Posted By: Nicholas Borowski

Sep 03 2017

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thank you for the report. within a hour for me