Lunar Tables said to stay home.......

Sep 05 2017

Jackson Bean

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

But we didn't!!

We spent Friday and half of Saturday at Dogwood East and I got to add one more DD to my list.  Same spots as before….  Same baits as before.  See my older posts if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Look what she did to my brand new crankbait!  Gotta love teeth marks.

https://privatewaterfishing.com/userFiles/images/Crank%20bait%20teeth%20marks.JPG

She was 10.2 pounds and showed every bit of that.  Of course I thought she was bigger.  She looked like a dinosaur when we got her in the net and because she abused the crankbait and pierced her lingual artery, the race was on to get her stabilized in the livewell.  I had plenty of G Juice in the boat so I got in handled and released her to fight another day but things were grim there for a bit.  Literally, she was so long she couldn't fit in the livewell without bending a little.  That G Juice is miracle stuff if you don't own any.  It's saved many a fish in my boat.

https://privatewaterfishing.com/userFiles/images/10_2%20straight%20on.jpg

Don't feel too badly for Brian.....  He pulled out this TOAD on the sunken island right behind the boat launch with all of the timber sticking up.  She was 9.2 lbs and caught on a green pumpkin Texas rigged Senko.

Besides those two fish, the day was rather "slow" if you can say that about a day having caught fish like that.  We caught 21 total and had a couple more four pounders sprinkled in and the rest were culls.

Saturday was a great day as well but we were pretty worn out from all of the fishing on Friday.  Brian had a nice 8 pounder off of the dam and had a 6 pounder in the creek channel on the far end of the lake.  We were spent by 10 o'clock and got on the road back home after a great weekend.

This lake continues to produce these freakish fish....  simply amazing. 

Thank you Rocky!

Jackson

Sep 05 2017

Danny Renfro

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Unreal man, Congrats.  If i lived closer to these texas properties, i would probably be divorced, and bankrupt haha.  Congrats again!

Sep 06 2017

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

The prerequisite to fish with Dr Bean is a strong back. Jackson you continue to amaze me. The only man I know that can force feed artificial baits to bug eyed beauties of the deep.  Congratulations man!  If you keep catching those DDs you might have to switch careers and become a chiropractor.  

Sep 08 2017

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Congratulations, Jackson and Brian! Henderson has been on fire all summer, Jackson, but then again - so have you! I have caught only 13 bass over 8 pounds during my entire lifetime, and you might have bested that this summer! Keep on, and thanks for all of your efforts to release those big mamas. I hope delayed mortality didn't get this one.

Tom