First Outing as Member

Sep 15 2017

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Spent about six hours this afternoon.  Caught two over 14" fish right away and then fishing slowed.  Finished up with another 4 which were below slot and harvested.  Two larger fish looked very healthy.  Saw one really good sized fish come up out of water back in area you can't get to in the boat due to vegetation.

All 6 fish were caught on a Texas rigged J bug.  Very similar bait to what Andrew used earlier in week and like Andrew all within a short distance of the vegetation mat.  I had several blow ups on a green hollow bodied frog but couldn't get a hook up.  Blow ups came right when bait hit water right next to weed mat.  No other bait produced a bite (rat l trap, crank bait, other soft baits)

My own inexperience impacted my fish count I am certain.  Water clarity was a challenge for me.  Some of the clearest water I have ever fished and my current tool belt doesn't have enough in it to get on the fish today.  I look forward to partnering with some of folks who could teach me a thing or two.  Property is only 40 minutes door to door for me so great location.

Like Andrew I used the onsite 12' jon boat.  I think it is new.  I will say with current water levels and vegetation mat the boat launch was such that I'm not sure I would desire to fish solo there again.  I got it in and out but was not the easiest.  I agree with Andrew I don't think you can bank fish between vegetation and soft bank.

I was really happy with trolling motor and battery set up.  In fact I babied it way too much and that also probably hurt my fish count.  I could have been more aggressive to stay in the fishing area.  

Looking forward to meeting other Centex area folks to partner up with on some of the club's great properties.

Posted By: Jamie Kechely

Sep 16 2017

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Welcome to PWF Jamie.  I was new to fishing a couple years ago when I joined. These guys will help you out in every way possible. Joining has been the best money I've spent in a long time. I'm kinda an out cast since I'm from North Louisiana, I fish the east Texas lakes.  

Sep 16 2017

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Shayne.  First PWF experience was as a guest out your way in June.  Spent a day at Caresend.  What a day that was!!  Best recruiting tool ever..lol.

Sep 17 2017

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Jamie. Welcome to PWF. I have been a member since 2010. If you are ever in the San Antonio area, let me know as I routinely fish here and east of Austin. 

Bill Fetech

Sep 17 2017

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thx Bill.  My work territory is San Antonio.  Might have to mix a fishing trip in with some work sometime.

Sep 18 2017

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Welcome James. I live in harker heights about an hour from thelake,. Looking forward to fishing there.