Mostly Small, But Feisty

Nov 16 2017

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I fished Old Oaks on the morning of the 14th.  It was dead calm when I arrived and I only caught caught one bass until a breeze started to ripple the water nicely at about 8AM.  With the breeze, I had fairly steady action catching 12-14" bass on a spinnerbait thrown near brush or under overhanging trees and managed two of 18" each.  That bite died and I eventually caught some more, all small, on a dropshot around the island. I ended up with 20. 

Hopefully, the harvesting management that the club has started for this pond will lead to larger bass in the future.  Still, it's fun to catch feisty little ones.

Irritatingly, I couldn't find the club "bassbuster" in the ground fog when I arrived near dawn.  Once the fog lifted, I found it half filled with rainwater in tall grass under a tree on the opposite side of the pond from the "normal" launch area.  I recovered the seat from the water in the pond.  When I left, I relocated the boat to upside down on the bank with both seats and two paddles in the normal launch zone.

Posted By: John Shepard

Nov 16 2017

Christopher Roberts

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hi John I’ve never been to that lake, but wanted to thank you for taking care of the boat situation. Appreciate it!