Beautiful winter afternoon at Bridle Oaks Ranch

Jan 09 2018

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Had an afternoon meeting get canceled so made a quick trip out to Bartlett.  Got there at three so only had three hours or so to fish.

Beautiful afternoon.  Almost 70 with no breeze at all.  

First hour started by dock and moved to dam with not a single bite on a texas rigged craw on the bottom or suspended crank bait.  Was starting to wonder if I would experience my first ever PWF skunk.

Moved to shore opposite the boat launch just a little bit away form the pump shed and the solar panel.  Finally found the fish.  Bites on 4 consecutive casts and picked up two fish on the craw.  Bite was soft and I was not having a good hookset day.  Missed more fish than I caught for sure.  

Tried by the dock with no success and returned back to the spot that I picked up the two.  Picked up a really nice fish on first cast with craw.  The last half hour I used a wacky rigged senko and picked up 4 more, so day was a total of 7 fish.  Biggest two right at 3lbs and only one was culled.  15-17 inch fish there are really healthy and fun to catch. 

Beautiful sunset and around 5 oclock I was treated to a fly over by a bald eagle.  Such a great property.  For a winter short outing will definitely take it.

Posted By: Jamie Kechely

Jan 10 2018

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

It is a beautiful ranch and lake. It seems to have lots of 1 to 3 lb fish. I have fished there 3 or 4 times and probably have culled less than 6. Look forward to fishing there this spring