20+ 1 4lb at Gallant Elms

Mar 10 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Fished Gallant Elms for the first time this year on March 8th. 

Got a little late start around 8 and the property water level is down about 5ft. Water temp was 63-65 degrees, sky was clear along with the water to 7ft. 

I tried various top water lures without success. I took a 1 1/2 hour break for a work Telecon and got back on the water around 10:30. I did not have any success along the dam nor in the cove opposite the launch area. I did have success in the large rocky cove with a paddle tail along the bank, in the standing timber, and between the standing timbers and the far bank. I ended with over 20 with 9 culled(several cullers did a quick release near my kayak). Most of the non-culled were around 2-3 lbs. On my last cast near the old pier I caught a 20” 4 lb bass. Good way to end the day. 

Bill Fetech 

Posted By: William Fetech

Mar 27 2018

Trent Sorrells

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Bill

Going to Medina in a couple of weeks….unfortunately having cell service is crucial. Did you have service? and with what carrier?

Thx

Trent Sorrells

Mar 28 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Trent. Good luck at Medina. I have AT&T and the coverage at Medina is a little spotty. I was able the last trip to hold a Telecon with several other people with no problem. 

If you ever need a partner, let me know. 

Bill

Mar 28 2018

Trent Sorrells

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Bill, will do!