Fox Lake 3/15

Mar 15 2018

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

Fished an afternoon at Fox Lake.  Lake looked very different than last time I was there.  Much of the grass has died off.  Between that and the high winds the water clarity was not gin clear as it was before but still plenty of vis.  

Strong winds made me glad I had an anchor along but early on even that didn't help.  Blowing me all over the place.  

Fished from 12:30-7:30 with about an hour and a half break for a work call.  

Caught 32 total with all but 6 culled.  Fish returned were good sized including the over 6lb one in the picture attached (just look at the fish not my goofy smile-I was excited).  Came right at boat on hookset.  Had no clue on size until it jumped.  Sent me scrambling for the net.

All fish early were caught on a TX rigged craw and several from shore due to wind.  More than half caught on wacky rigged Senko when wind laid down some around 5 or so.  I caught majority on the south end of lake anchored up and casting downwind coming back over the top of the grass that now remains.

I think this lake has great potential as we continue to cull more and more of the little ones.  Already some really nice fish in there.

Posted By: Jamie Kechely