Twins Only in Name

Apr 06 2018

Chris Edwards

Fry

Number of Posts :

A buddy and I fished Twin Lakes yesterday 4/5. This was my first time on this property. 

At the end of the day we caught about 40 fish with half caught in each lake. We started at the West Lake where we had to figure out how to coax fish out of grass and from the back of cuts in the bank. We were most successful with brushhawgs and a shallow diving crank bait. 

After lunch we moved to East where there is tons of cover and trees in the water to fish around. We had success here with flukes early and frogs later on. 

All the fish fought hard and were healthy. In West everything was under 2 pounds and in East we caught a 5.4 and 4.10 with some 3’s mixed in (and almost a beaver that was after my frog). 

We really enjoyed the Twins with the East lake being my favorite. Both lakes have some spots to get out of the wind but I do recommend bringing an anchor. It’s a great property and I will be back. 

Posted By: Chris Edwards

Apr 06 2018

Derek Wooten

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Chris - thanks for the report. Headed out to Twin Lakes this weekend. What kind of flukes and frogs worked well on East?

Apr 09 2018

Chris Edwards

Fry

Number of Posts :

Derek- sorry I missed your post. Hope you guys had a good trip. For others that may be headed out, the fluke we had most success with was watermelon seed. The frog that use is a Top Toad Ribbit Hollow body- any natural color. I absolutely believe this is the best frog on the market. You can find them at most Academy Sports stores.