That's why they call it fishing.....

Apr 26 2018

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I spent all day with a friend from Chicago on the East Lake.  First, the property is beautiful and the lake it incredible.  We threw every single thing at the fish.  We slowed it down, sped it up, and did every single technique I could fathom.  Unfortunately, that's why they call it fishing…..we caught 5 or 6 dinks and I mean dinks.  They weren't 8".  

Here is a list of everything tried:

Senko (Green, Black, Pumpkin/Red - Texas/Carolina)
10.5" Zoom Ol Monster (Red, Black, Plum Texas/Carolina)
6" and 8" Black Lizard (Texas/Carolina)
Strike King 10XD and 6 XD Crankbait (Sexy Shad as well as 3 others)
Multitude of swim jigs with trailers…pretty much every color
Lipless Crankbaits 

I think my friend tried a number of others, nothing worked.  It was surprising there wasn't any grass on the bottom.  Again, that's why they call it fishing.

Posted By: William Butler

Apr 26 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Don't get down on yourself man. I know it's disappointing to go to a premiere property, have dreams and visions of fat girls lurking around those brush piles, and fishing your brains out and come away frustrated.  BUT I can promise there are some PBs in that lake. Mine came from that lake on my 4th trip.  The first 3 were "ok" and the 4th one was magical.     Those fish seem to like Texas and Carolina rigged soft plastics fished SLOOOOOW. Better luck next time man!   She's in there, I've seen her! 

Apr 27 2018

Philip Pruitt

Fry

Number of Posts :

William, I totally agree with Shayne…............my brother and I fished the members fish fry event hosted there at Dogwood last Sunday. We worked our butts off fishing fast, slow and in between to come up with 7 culls. Yep, it was disappointing to say the least. Out of the 8 boats and 1 kayak fishing the east lake for the event- the kayaker caught a 6.8 pounder and everyone else ended up with culls. As I watched closely I saw some anglers that new what they were doing - their baits, mechanics and technique. The dinner bell has not been rung on that lake yet for sure.

Saying all that, my PB also came out of that lake and my next PB will probably be out of that lake. Don't know when the "Mucho Grande" is going to bite on a given trip there but when she does bite I need to do my part to seal the deal. You can't go wrong fishing east lake at Dogwood. Keep watching the post and you will see what I mean. Good luck on your next trip…...........keep a tight line.

Apr 27 2018

James Cook

Fry

Number of Posts :

This lake gets Hot in the summer! I will be taking my old man there tomorrow to fish for the day, hopefully we find a few good ones. Regardless, anytime fishing with loved ones is always good quality spent but hoping for alot of tight lines in the morning!

Cheers!

James

Apr 30 2018

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I'm never frustrated.  Fishing is relaxing and I had a great time.  The property was outstanding and I have zero complaints.

I can tell by the look of the lake that there are some swamp donkeys in there, they just didn't want what I was throwing.  

I'll get out there again soon.  No fear here…..