Alysha, Sunday, May 6

May 10 2018

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Made a last minute decision to fish this property for the first time Sunday afternoon. The AstroTable Fishing Calendar called for a "Fair" day, and that's about what I got. Caught 6 bass, with 2 harvested.  I was targeting the Big ones using big baits, so my total count was probably hurt. Very scrappy crappie were attacking my chatterbait early, but would let go of the trailer close to the boat. 

Lures used to catch fish:  Baby brush hog (green pumpkin, chart. tail), T/R Senko (watermelon red), 7 in power worm (black), Whopper Plopper & Jig (green pumpkin w/ brown Zoom super chunk).  Mostly caught at deeper southeast end.  Jig fish was caught late in shallower northwest end along the grass line.  No fish on Chatterbait, ribbit frog or rising son swim bait.

Boat worked well.  Dock made it easier to launch. Was going to target crappie late, but ran out of time trying to recoup my Big Bass "donation".

Fished for about 6 hours. Water temp ranged from 77 - 83 and was slightly stained. Lake seemed full with grass all around the edges. Very peaceful, fun day of fishing under bluebird skies at another beautiful PWF lake.  Hope to return soon and stay in the cabin.

Posted By: Keith Barfield