Great weekend at Hidden Springs

Jun 05 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I took Michael and our buddy John Wes (the original members of Team Ziploc) to Hidden Springs this weekend. It's such a pretty place with the  nicest landowner we could ask for.  We started fishing just a lil after daylight Saturday morning. The catching began immediately. Like the first cast.   Mostly culls but we did manage a few throwback fish up to 4 lbs.  caught them on a variety of soft plastics mostly  weedless and weightless.  Broke for lunch and had 51 fish caught with 42 culls. Came back about 3:30 and it was hot.  Water temp jumped from 86.9 to 91.  No wind and the bite struggled. Once the wind came back so did the fish.  We caught 26 with 12 culls. Fish up to 6.10lbs.  We decided to fish Sunday morning til 11:30.  Got on the water at 6:30 and it was dead calm, so were the fish. Once the sun got up the breeze picked up a lil and that woke the fish up about 9:15. We caught 21 with fish up to 8lbs. I got to watch two young guys hook and put an 8lb big girl into the boat, she was caught on a finesse spinning set up with 8lb fluoro. Watching them dance around and not step on any of the 15 rods we had strowed everywhere, got the trolling motor up and out of the way, got her turned and away from the wood and grass was truly a thing of beauty to watch. Made me proud that fishing heritage will be carried on with these two. The Force is strong in these two.(in my best Yoda voice)   Ended the trip with 98 boated bass, 67 were culled. Team Ziploc has brought a new sponsor on board and we welcome Rapala Fillet Knives!  Steve and the landowner have told me that a few years ago 99% of the fish here would have been under the 14", let me tell you guys something I've learned a lot about fish management from PWF and I am seeing with my own eyeballs that culling fish works!  Wonderful property. Wonderful landowner. And an awesome success story in fish management.  

Jun 07 2018

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

8 lber on finesse? Woah!