Possible answer to large bags at Leinweber

Jun 18 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Fished Leinweber the afternoon of June 17th.   I started out fishing the dam with a Chatterbait and caught a 3.4# on my second cast. Alternated with that and a popper and a weighted senko, but did not get any other bites along the dam. Along the bank opposite the launch point I mainly used the popper and caught several that I culled. I did miss several on the popper that appeared to be nice bass (drag set tooooo low). I did not get any bites on the lower end or the bank opposite the dam or along the bank on the launch side. I then focused on the two clumps and one single standing timber and the bite was on. I did lose a couple, but I did land a 7.0 and a 6.4. Sorry no pictures as I was in my kayak. All on med/ deep running crank baits. 

One word to the wise. If you plan to fish these standing timbers, invest in a good lure retriever as I lost multiple lures. Not sure what is down there, but trying to free my snagged lures with my paddle felt like I was scrapping against a concrete rubble pile. 

Water level is good. 

Bill Fetech

Posted By: William Fetech

Jun 20 2018

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Sounds like you had a great day in spite of having to buy out the crankbait section of your local store. Good job, Bill, and a nice report, too.

Jun 23 2018

Robert Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Nice afternoon of fishing Bill! Congrats!

Bob

Jun 23 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Thanks Bob and Tom. Probably going to Bass Pro to get the telescoping lure retriever pole.  Looking forward to getting there again. 

Bill