Fox Lake-Quality morning on Independence Day

Jul 04 2018

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

This lake keeps getting better and better each time I am out there.  Catch rates are down for me but quality of fish continues to improve.

Hit the lake pretty much at sunrise and first two fish were over 4 lbs followed up with a nice 5.5lb fish all within the first hour on the lake.  Total of 15 fish today with only 4 culls.  7 fish over 3.8lbs made for a great morning.  Last fish sadly didn't make it in the boat.  My net guy whiffed and she had one last jump in her right by the boat.  Easily a 5 plus pound fish as well.  If I fire net guy no one is fishing cuz it's me..lol  

Lake is down about 5' and really needs some rain like the rest of the area.  Lots of rain in North Austin today so hopefully it is raining to the NW of here as well.  

Stuck with the reliable wacky rig and white chatterbait.  All fish but one related to the grass.  One cull out in middle of lake.  

Fish are really healthy and strong here.  As much improvement in the quality of fish after one year makes me excited to see what this lake will hold in a few more. 

Jul 04 2018

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Great report Jamie. Glad to see Fox producing!

Jul 05 2018

Mike Mehlmann

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

I feel ya….My net guy bounced my biggest fish of the trip last time out.  Great trip.   Did you fish on the 4th?

Jul 05 2018

Jamie Kechely

Fry

Number of Posts :

I did Mike