Numbers with a few kickers

Jul 09 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I fished with my neighbor Al Seidler last week at Indian Hollow. Al does all the rod repair for Southwest Parts and has been fishing for more than 75 years. Yes, more than 75 years!!!! This is one of my favorite lakes in the club, it has the right amount of depth, vegetation, cover, timber and is soooooo secluded. The boat ramp area would be difficult with any boat larger than a 16 or 17 foot aluminum boat. We fished out of my little 2 man Bass Buster. I still have my Bass Buster that I bought in 1992 when I became a member. And honestly, the boat looks almost as new as they day I bought it. It has seen hundreds of trips. This little plastic boat is a tank. They don't make the Bass Buster brand boat anymore. It is a shame as they built this little boats the right way. 

We caught 53 fish from 6:05 AM to noon. Most fish were under 2 lbs. We likely caught about 20 fish over 2 lbs, 8 fish over 3 lbs, 4 fish over 4 lbs and our two biggest were 6.2 and a 6.3. We harvested 24 fish. The smaller fish were shallow and the bigger fish were in 10 to 15 foot of water. This lake has lots of 10 to 15 foot of water. Texas rigged and Carolina  rigged Rage Craws  in Watermelon or Pumpkin worked well. When I wanted to catch numbers you could move to a whacky Senko and get bit every 3rd cast. Water Clarity was 42 inches, a bit clearer than I like. 

Having electronics, which we had, make a big difference at this lake. There are several deep holes that hold fish. I love the point with the beaver dam. I'm convinced you could stay on the boat ramp side of that point and catch 6-8 fish an hour all day if you are a patient fisherman.