Gallant Elm Creek Ranch Report

Aug 04 2018

Patrick Stilley

Fry

Number of Posts :

It was a beautiful morning with cloud cover initially; wind was minimal.  Water levels have continued to drop from our last outing; shoreline is very muddy.  The property's boat worked flawlessly.  We were able to cull 18 fish; 0 were caught/returned that were > 14 inches.  Square-billed crankbaits and plastics caught the "largest" of the culled fish.  This is the first time at this property not catching/returning one or more >14 inches.  Overall, another fun fishing trip; thank you PWF.  Note - I am curious whether or not folks have considered having a PWF event where members can join in on culling a large number of fish in a day's time at this particular location.  Potentially beneficial?

Aug 05 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

I think that is a great idea and I would be willing to participate. 

Bill

Aug 05 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Patrick,

We had such an event at Gilmer Hat and Star 2 weekends ago. We had 12 fisherman who showed up. Unfortunately, it was unusually slow and we removed only 40 bass. 

Maybe we could have one at Medina this Fall. We still need to remove more than 500 fish this year. 

Aug 05 2018

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

As one of the certified "dinkologists" in DFW as my fishing reports clearly document, I am happy to participate in such an event. I would ask that it be a two day event so those of us in DFW could drive down in the morning , fish the evening bite, then fish he morning bite the next day and drive home the next evening. 500 is a lot of fish. 

Dave May

Aug 06 2018

Patrick Stilley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Steve - I think removing 500 fish before the end of the year is doable.  We were literally changing baits/putting on larger lures so as to minimize catching small fish; catching fish has never really been the issue at this property, catching fish with size though has been a bit of a challenge.  I concur with David in that it be a two-day event so as to generate potential interest from those who need to drive a bit to get there.  I would also ask that we give folks ample notice so that they can work it into their schedule (1-1.5 months out would be ideal).