Beautiful Lake

Aug 29 2018

Mike Tuttle

Fry

Number of Posts :

Unfortunately my partner and I got delayed and didn't start fishing as soon as planned.  It was our first time to fish this lake.  Much to our surprise we had a light sprinkle which really made for a great evening of fishing.  Even though we had great conditions, especially for this time of the year, the fish just were not in an aggressive eating mood.  We only landed 7 fish, all small, only 2 over 14".  Even though it was not a wow time of fishing, I will definitely fish this lake again.

Aug 29 2018

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Yes it is a beautiful lake. You caught it on an off day. That lake fishes much better than 7 fish. Maybe next time. 

Aug 29 2018

Shayne Wallace

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

That lake fishes way better than that.  That's just a tough day.  It's really clear and from my experience there you have to make long casts with a soft plastic weightless and weedless. Work it slow.  Pay attention to the edges of the grass (it really goes way out into the lake on the points).  Those grass edges are deadly for catchin fish.   You will catch culls 65% of the time but there are some big fish in that place too!   Better luck next time!   I love that place!   I sound like a broken record, who am I kidding.  I love every place I've been to at PWF…