Twin Lakes.... OMG

Sep 19 2018

John E. Harvey

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

A buddy and I fished Ben Wheeler's Twin Lakes on Tuesday morning. We had high expectations as we have had several very successful excursions at this location in the past. However, when we arrived we were very disheartened because although the pasture was thick, green and heavy with dew, the small ponds were critically low of water. The larger pond hosted a huge flock of egrets feasting on the easy prey in the shallow water. The two main lakes are at least 2 ft. or more low. We were mystified given the recent rains, but undaunted,we launched onto the West lake. 4 hours later we had boated: 2 small bass on plastic, 1 small bass on top water, and 4 small bass on cranks. Getting hot and tired, we packed up and began to make our egress, but wait, let's at least give the East lake a try…... NOTHING although I did manage to lose one of my favorite lures on a log.  Getting "skunked" or close to it happens ( maybe more often now then in the "good old days") but catching is what we hope to achieve….. this was just fishing. LOL

Sep 19 2018

James Stewart

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

thanks for that report; this is the type of information that really helps.  with all the rain, i would have thought that those lakes would be full, and i was thinking about going there soon.

thanks again.