Yates, 9/1/18

Sep 19 2018

James Stewart

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Almost broke one of my "rules" - submit a fishing report for every trip I make in the club.  Sorry it is a little late, but better late than never.

Got a break in the soccer schedule, and decided to go chase some big girls at Mr. Yates place.  I decided before I left home that I would only use big baits, and really try for a big fish.  I fished hard all day, with only a short lunch break.  The water was in the upper 80's with only a foot and a half of visibility (no weeds around the edge, thus the low visibility).  The lake is 1.5 to 2.0 feet low, which made launching a little dicey.  I ended up having to hand crank my boat on the trailer at the end of the day.   I caught 22 during the day (1 harvest fish); my largest was just over 5 pounds.  There were several in the low 4 pound range.  I never got on a good pattern; caught some on 10.5 worms, big deep diving crank boat, big buzz bait, and a big spinner bait.  The 2 largest came on the crank bait - chartreuse with a blue back.   The small bass were busting shad all over the lake all day, but i never went for them.  My electronics showed big schools of shad all over, so there is plenty for the fish to feast on this fall.  I did catch 2 three pounders on a cast using my favorite livingston pro sizzle; thought they were 1 big one.

I really enjoyed visiting with Mr. Yates, and can't wait to go back and try it again.  

Sep 20 2018

Murrie Holland

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the report, James.  I always get excited when I notice that you have posted a report as I enjoy hearing how you did.

You made my day by including the part about your catches on the Livingston Pro Sizzle.  You got me on that bait, and although I haven't thrown it in several months, I will likely need to dig it back out of my tackle box here for the fall.

Tight lines!