Oct 27 2018

Patrick Stilley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 19716
Property Name : Gallant Elm Creek Ranch
Reservation Date : 10/27/2018 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18/<14 inches
Lures Used : Plastics, topwater, lipless crankbait, square-billed crankbait, jointed shad rap

Beautiful morning of fishing; water was like glass, no wind whatsoever until after 1000 hrs.  Water levels were the highest I have seen them at this property.  Spoke with the owner who indicated there have been a number of really nice sized fish in the run off which goes behind the dam.  Caught several on a topwater fly the first hour, no topwater action after that; missed 2 very nice fish, one of which immediately broke me off.  From 0800 on, it was mostly a square-billed crankbait and jointed shad rap that produced.  No big fish but it was still fun catching the little ones.  While fileting the fish next to the boat launch, there was a school of large catfish cleaning up the scraps.  Great time overall...owner showed me a pic of an 8.5 lb'er that was caught by the trees not long ago.  They are definitely there...

Oct 28 2018

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Patrick. Good report. I am headed there on Tuesday and I am looking for a partner. 

Bill

Oct 28 2018

Patrick Stilley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Best of luck; hope you catch a few nice ones.  Me, I will be at work; continues to get in the way of my fun:)  v/r Pat

Oct 28 2018

Justin Anderson

Fry

Number of Posts :

Good report