Great time at San Jacinto Bend

Dec 24 2018

Philip Davison

Fry

Number of Posts :

My son and I fished San Jacinto Bend on Saturday, December 22nd.  We really wanted to try this lake since it is only 5 minutes from our house.  We were on the water just after 7 AM and off at 5 PM with an hour and half lunch starting at 11:30.  It was fairly cold in the morning but warmed up to about 72 in the afternoon.  The water of course felt cold, but I don't know the temp.  We caught 12 bass for the day all but one being caught in the middle of the lake, although it's pretty narrow so you're never too far from either shoreline.  I'm assuming due to the colder water the bass were just hanging out in deeper water since we caught the majority of the fish in the middle of the lake and on deep diving rattle crank baits (shad color) and wacky rigged Senkos (darkish green w/ chartreuse tip).  All of the bass fought really well and were in the 1 - 1.5lb range, with the exception of 2 dinks and a 3lb bass we caught at about 3:30 in the afternoon.  We had a great time and it was nice to be able to enjoy some December fishing.  I'm sure we'll be back.