Slow day in OK (report & pic added)

Jan 01 2019

Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Happy New Year!  Dec. 22 trip was first time to fish Boswell and PWF trip #27 since I joined the club.  Per Bassmaster Fishing Times, it was third best day of Dec.  My son Andrew & I fished hard from 10:00 - 5:30 under sunny skies.  Fun day on the water.

Caught 5, with 1 harvested.  Andrew caught the Big bass of the day at 6lbs, 2 oz.  Most action in a 1 hr. window, just before noon.  I seem to bring the average catch rates down at these fine PWF fisheries sad.

Wind: 6 -10 mph

Water clarity: 3-4 ft.

Water temp:  48 - 51

Air temp:  43 - 55

Due to conflicting work schedules, this was only Andrew’s second trip of year.  His other trip was to Dogwood for the fish fry.  He caught a 6.5 lb. big bass for that day as well. So in only two PWF trips, he had 2 bass over 6 pounds.  He is setting the bar pretty high for 2019 to continue his run!

What worked:  Tx Rig, Hags Tornado green pumpkin red worm (6.5 in.) & White spinner bait.   What didn’t work:  Everything else in the box!

I caught 2 in 4 casts with Hags garlic injected worm.  Andrew ties one on & catches the 6-2 on first cast!  All in about 15 minutes.  It was a gift & one of those baits that sat in the box for 3 years.  First time I ever used it.  All caught in SE end near dam.

Andrew’s PB was caught on Easter Sunday 2017 (7 lbs. 9 oz.).  Now he has this “Christmas” bass to go along with it:

Jan 03 2019

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Keith, I'd say that your 6.2 is a darned nice fish for late December. Sure beats anything I've caught at Indian Hollow. Good for you! Those father-son outings make great memories!

Tom