Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20252
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 02/05/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 10 total to 4.5 lbs
Lures Used : bladed jig

Fished here today. Light rain early, air temp 68 to 78 degrees and water temp 62 to 65 degrees in the afternoon. Started with top waters, spinnerbait, and plastics. No luck. Tied on a white bladed jig with  Should have mentioned that I started catching fish when I dipped the trailer tail in spike itzmann trailer and began to catch fish consistently from about 9am to 11 am by slow rolling above grass. Caught 9 during that period from the fence boast on the right headed towards the dam. Took a break and fished until about 3pm only catching 1 during that time. Nice chunky fish . 1 3.5 ,1 3 and one 4.5 included. Others nice as well.. No luck by the dam or up the creek although the water is warming fast and the fish should be pre-spawn. Wind 10 to 20 mph. Nice t be out again Should have mentioned that I started catching fish after dipping the trailer tail in spike it.

Feb 06 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Steve. Sounds like you had a great day. 

Bill

Feb 06 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

It was fun. Think I need to go back later this  month after the next warming trend and find out where those big girls are making there nests. We know there are some big ones in this lake.