Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20343
Property Name : Brushy Creek Lake
Reservation Date : 02/21/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes :
Lures Used :

Fished Brushy Creek today. The Temperature was 52 degrees and stayed that way all day. Lake full, about 2 feet visibility and a cloudy day. The water temp has dropped down to 52 degrees. I was up to 65 degrees when I fished here on 2-5-19. Wind from the north. Pretty slow fishing day. About 9:30 am I finally caught a 3lb bass on a white bladed jig. Nothing else for the next 2 hours. I figured the fish were still in pre spawn so I went towards the dam where there is the deepest water and eventually started fishing the bank where the sunken boat is located. Fished in wate 6 to 8 feet deep which is deep at this lake. Finally got some action in the afternoon using a black/chart lizard with a split shot fished very slow. one 4lb. one 3 lb. and a nice 6.2 full of eggs. Think this lake will be on fire with a warm spell

Feb 21 2019

Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

WTG Chris, glad your out there sticking the big girls.

Feb 21 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks Ron.

Have been staying closer to home as my wife has had some medical issues. Would like to get up your way and fish some lakes with you, Maybe in March or April. Would like to try Malouf as well as fish six 0 and Rough Creek again. Take care.