Feb.3 Big bass !! *PIC Added*

Mar 01 2019

Nathan Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Got to this awesome property bright and early! Unfortunately we had some trolling motor issues to start the morning but property owner Rocky took care of that problem and had us up and running on the water in no time! I will say fishing was slowww! We caught 4 fish total.. but when one of them goes 8.68lbs you can’t complain! Big fish came around the  underwater island/drop off near the dam.. also caught one other solid 3lber in the same spot! Besides that one small dink on a wacky rig back in the cove and a random senko bite is all we had! Fished everything from fast to slow.. mainly focusing on slow deep patterns with no luck. It was a grind but I’ll take that any day! Working a jig or anything on bottom is awesome you can feel the brush is everywhere in this lake.. Plan on returning soon I know the big girls are in there! 

Mar 02 2019

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

Way to go, Nathan! Did you happen to get a photo of that big girl?

Mar 03 2019

Nathan Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Yes sir! I believe it was posted on the private water Facebook page! 

Mar 04 2019

Cole Porter

Admin

Number of Posts :

I went ahead and updated it.

Nathan, that is a big bass.

Mar 05 2019

David Curtis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Great fish, she looks bigger than 8, very healthy.

Really nice job, DW can be a whipping if you don't stay focused.  

It only takes one bite out there and you delivered! 

Mar 06 2019

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

That is one beautiful, healthy big girl!

Mar 06 2019

Nathan Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thank you sir!! 

Mar 06 2019

Nathan Smith

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Cole for adding the pic! and yeah David I agree it was a grind and seems like it can be often on that lake but after reading reviews I knew I had a chance for a big girl here! I bet some big fish get caught this weekend with the weather like it is 

Mar 07 2019

David Curtis

Fry

Number of Posts :

Nathan, I have had a little success with bigger fish out there in years past. I'm going on my first trip to DW on 3/23. Although I've had success, I'm always open to learning something new. Please don't hesitate to give me a call if you are willing to share information. 214.783.7805. I hope you have a great season, you are off to a good start!