Santo Indian Cave-Beautiful

Mar 24 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I had an opportunity to go fishing with several members at Santo Indian Cave. We launched a 21 foot legend, a 2 man plastic boat, and used the pontoon boat on site. I am so use to east Texas lakes, that I love visiting the west side of the metroplex. The huge moss boulders and oaks make me so grateful for Gods handy work. The ride is an easy 1 hour drive west of Ft. Worth. We caught fish on lots of things, but small 5" swim baits seemed to produce the most consistent. I was using a laminate (two tone) skinny dipper or similar with a watermelon red top half and a pearl bottom half with a 1/8 oz weighted 6/0 hook. Most fish came after letting is sink 3 or 4 seconds on a slow retrieve. All in all we likely caught hundreds of fish (no one was keeping accurate counts). We brought buckets for the pontoon boat and used the live well to harvest a bunch of fish.  Each angler averaged 4 to 8 fish an hour. Most of the fish are 15 to 16" inches (1.75 lbs to 2.25 lbs) with a few smaller ones and a few bigger ones. Biggest fish was 4.75 lbs. However, we did manage to loose 3 bigger fish at the boat. Likely not bigger than 7 or 8 lbs, but much bigger than we were catching. The bite is consistent at this lake and the atmosphere is second to none in the club. We saw aoudad sheep, turkey, black buck and white tail. Guys this is a unique and special place in the club. You are missing a treat and should kick yourself for not coming here. We have 3 members who have been 4 times each over the past 6 months since we opened it.

Mar 24 2019

Ron Wood

Fry

Number of Posts :

I completely agree Steve, having been one of the 1st to fish this property it is amazing, and the fishing ain’t bad either. As soon as I find someone else to go I’ll be back. Thank you for securing a great property.
Ron

Mar 24 2019

Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

We were hammering them w chatterbaits as well. Got a 5-2 and probably 10 over 4 between three guys aboard World Famous Ken Addingtons 21 footer