William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20434
Property Name : Lake Encino
Reservation Date : 03/30/2019 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : About 15 (7 culls)
Lures Used : Soft plastic and crank

Andy Dear and I fished Encino Saturday afternoon starting around 2. Any left around 5 and I remained until about 7.

Conditions: Very windy; gusts to probably 25-30 mph.

We both found it easy to launch our boats. 

This new property has some very steep drop-offs as sometimes we were 10 ft from the bank in 15-20 ft of water. We found depths to 30 ft and several clumps of sawn-off timbers and multiple clumps of VERY thorny bushes – beware.

Andy continued to have success with the soft plastics. I did not have any luck with crank baits until Andy departed at 5.  From 5-7 PM I caught 7-8 with four culls.

Andy had three culls and several larger than 14 inches.

We both hope to return soon.

Bill Fetech

Apr 01 2019

Rickey King

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hello Bill. What are your overall impressions of this property? I have been thinking about fishing it. It’s a new property and not must Info out there about it yet
Thanks

Apr 01 2019

William Fetech

Toad

Number of Posts :

Both Andy and I cannot wait to return. 

Andy just showed me that Google Earth (full  Windows version) allows you to select a year to view an area. Here is Encino in  2013. That is one DEEP trench. We probably would have caught more, but the wind was brutal.

Apr 02 2019

Rickey King

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hey Bill,

Unfortunately, the google map earth view did not come thru. It would be nice to see it. I always wondered about this lake when I saw it while fishing Leinweber. Since I am relocating to Florida very soon, I hope to fish there before leaving. Let me know if you need a partner anytime soon. I always use the property boats, so I don't own a kayak. Not sure if that makes a difference to you. Thanks for the info and happy fishing!!!