Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20847
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 04/07/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 57 LMB; 2 white crappie
Lures Used : chatterbait; senko

Great weather for catching today.  57 LMB, with 29 culls, and 28 released, biggest at 6.5, two at 5, two at 4, a handful in the 3s and a lot of 15 inch bass.  I also caught and culled two slab white crappie, both about 2.2lbs and 15.5 inches.  Water temperature was 63.5 - 64 degrees, visibility at about one foot.  I caught one 4lb at the boat launch upon arrival, loaded the boat and caught the 6.5 on the first cast from the boat to the point where the Texas shaped swimming pool is located.  The bigger fish were all caught before 10:00am, but the action was steady all day.  I made one circle of the lake, but spent the majority of time in the northern third in the timber line.  The 6.5 and the 4 caught at the boat launch looked spawned out with bloody tails, but everything else looked to still be in prespawn condition.  All but 8 caught on a chartreuse/white chatterbait with a keitech trailer.  The other 8 were caught on a green pumpkin senko with chartreuse tip.

Apr 08 2019

Guy Conces

Fry

Number of Posts :

Wow!!  That’s some good fishing there.  Thanks for the information!!

Apr 10 2019

Guy Conces

Fry

Number of Posts :

Hi Greg.  Wondering what color you used for your chatterbait trailer? Also wondering if you would describe your technique used with the chatterbait?  I’m new to bass fishing, and completely struck out with my attempt at chatterbait!

Thanks!!