Changing conditions-Changing Fishing

Apr 12 2019

Kirk Balsley

Fry

Number of Posts :

Arrived mid morning wanting to fish East Lake.  The V-bottom boat was upright and there was too much water in it for me to turn it over or lift.  Gave up and went over to West.  I had fished West once before.  The lake was really high but still clear and looked great. Started off on bank across from the launch.  Caught a couple and missed what looked like a good fish on a Zoom Horny Toad.  Spent too much time in upper end and came back down by damn end.  Could not establish any "pattern".  Catch one on a SB and then that's it. Catch one on a Rogue and couldn't get second one.  Went back to where I missed the fish in the grass and caught a senko fish near there but it was little.

Between 3-5 pm the wind switched to NW or N. Began getting an aggressive bite on Lucky Craft Lipless CB and Strike King Lipless.  Even then several of them seemed to short strike the bait. Probably landed 5 and jumped off a couple. Caught one on a buzzbait also. Around 5:15 went up wind again as that was the only way to cover the water properly and went down same area again and NOTHING. It was like they just quit. Fished around launch area bank and nothing there either. About 5:50 I was pretty spent (7 1/2 hours straight) so took it to the house.  Not a bad day just a lot of adjusting. Ending up landing 8 but had several more half hearted blow ups on topwater frog and popper and some short strikes on CB so maybe 15 bites.  Could not get a good fish.  Most every fish was 16-17 inch range. Most all on points between launch and the damn.  Great day to be on the water. Boat on west lake in really good shape (no leaks).  OH and please turn the boat over for the next guy or gal  :)

Apr 12 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Kirk,

Sorry about the boat and thanks for letting us know. I have already spoken to the owner and he will have his son get the water out and the boat turned over. 

Steve

Apr 19 2019

Tom Dillon

Toad

Number of Posts :

What lake is this?

Apr 19 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Ben Wheeler Twin Lakes

Apr 20 2019