Friday, Apr 12th - Slaughter Lake, Henrietta (had to work to find them, but they are fat and healthy)

Apr 13 2019

Mark Daugherty

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 20860
Property Name : Slaughter Lake
Reservation Date : 04/12/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 17 / up to 3lbs 14oz
Lures Used : White/Chartreuse Chatterbait

Fished solo on Friday, Apr 12th under partly cloudy breezy conditions with outside temps 58 to 64.  Winds E/NE at about 13 mph.  Water was 64* and turbid with 8'' to 10'' viz.  As has been previously reported this lake is primarily very shallow with large flats.  Filamentous algae ringing much of the perimeter.  This lake has a lot of potential and is a good addition to the club.  I met the owner Phil Slaughter as I was getting ready to launch the property's v-hull boat.  Very nice man and interested in our success.  

I fished from around 12:30 PM to 7:30 PM with a lunch break.  I had to work to find the fish, but once I did it was productive.  I found them primarily in the shallow, upper end.  I boated 17 total (15 from lake and 2 from pond) with 9 of those between 2 lbs and 3 lbs 14 oz (6 harvested that were between 11'' and 13'').  I fished the small pond on the W side for a bit and caught 2 there that were around 14'' (returned to the pond).  White/Chartreuse Chatterbait was the ticket.  I had to really throw into the slop to trigger a bite.  They hit it right as it landed or they'd follow it a bit and then nail it.  They were aggressive and like Steve said, they're fatties!  To me it looked like a few of the larger ones were spawned out and a few were not.  Overall, not a dink lake, with chunky, quality fighters.  I'll return.

Like Rick Svoboda had reported - apply bug spray and also wear a buff!

Apr 13 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the scouting report Mark. Sounds like you got in to them.  I’ll report back after our afternoon session tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up on the bugs too.