Rick Svoboda

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21040
Property Name : Cody Ranch Hart Lakes
Reservation Date : 04/27/2019 PM - 04/28/2019 AM
Total Fish/Sizes : 100
Lures Used : Senkos & Whopper Popper

Mike and I fished Lower Hart Saturday afternoon, stayed in the cabin Saturday night and fished Moonshine Sunday morning.  Water temp was 69 to 71 degrees both days.  Water clarity was good, could see down between 3 and 4 feet.  There is some vegetation, a reasonable amount of moss, deep water and some great timber on both lakes.  We caught right at a 100 fish of which 52 were harvested.   Wacky rigged Senkos worked well, but also caught some with a rattle trap, medium diving crank bait, spinner bait and a Texas rigged fluke.  Late in the afternoon and early the next morning we caught a lot of fish on a whopper popper.  For me, nothing is more fun than a top water bite.  No big fish were caught with most non-harvest fish in the 15” to 16 ½” range.  Many were caught around the edges and shallow areas, but did have good luck in 8’ to 10’ out by the tree towards the middle of the lake. 

The cabin is great.  It has a lot of character, is in a great location, was very comfortable and is fully stocked.  It’s the kind of venue that would be great to bring kids and/or grandkids to for a weekend of fishing and enjoying what nature has to offer. 

The drive up for us from west of Denton wasn’t that long.  The roads on this 3500 acre property are all gravel, which we appreciate and it was easy for us to launch and recover our two eight foot boats on both lakes.

We met Steve Cody when we first arrived.   We had a good chat with him and he told us about the property and the active oil and gas work that were going on between Upper and Lower Hart Lakes. 

Cody Ranch is a terrific PWF location.   Mike and I will be back to check out some of the other lakes.