Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21312
Property Name : Timber Lake
Reservation Date : 05/19/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 14 total: 8 at 15"-17" released, 6 at 14" culls
Lures Used : frog, senko, chatterbait

Son and I fished, Timber Lake on Sun, May 19, after heavy storms the day before. Landed 14 total: 8 at 15"-17" released, 6 at 14" culls. The two largest were fat 3 lbers.  Missed/lost that many more. 

Started at sun up, the symphony of frogs all over the lake inspired us to tie on hollow body frogs and pitch the grass covering the north end of the lake.  Caught half of the fish in this area before 9 am. The bass frog attack never gets old, just gotta remember to wait for the pull before setting the hook. Difficult for a trigger-fingered 11 year old. 

The lake looks in great shape, with grass covering the shallow areas on the north around the shed and island.  All bites came in the grass mostly along the north shore.  None in deeper than 2-3 ft.  Frog bite was on until 9 am, then switched to senkos, getting occasional bites through the day.  No bites from 2pm and left at 4pm.     

Lake and roads were full of water. Visibility was around 2ft water about 73deg.  Roads have improved here as the owner has added gravel in some areas.   

May 23 2019

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Good report Jim.  Thanks for the description of the grassy areas. A day fishing with your son is a great day no matter the catching done.  I love frog fishing.

The owner keeps Timber Lake access and launch areas very well maintained.  I sure do appreciate their efforts.

May 23 2019

Jim Bennett

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks John,

I have since learned that the owner had fed 10,000 shad two days prior to our visit.  That may have impacted our numbers and weights if they were all gorged on shad.  I was somehow hoping for more and bigger fish but I guess we always want that, just like money.  It is a nice lake no doubt.