Windy Day at Brushy Creek

May 24 2019

Bryan Buchan

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

My brother came down from Oklahoma last week to spend some time with us, and fishing was the main item on the agenda.  We went to Brushy Creek on May 18 and fished the morning.  I finally got to meet Danny the owner, and boy is he a super guy.  We didn't get started fishing until 9:00 or so, and by then the wind was howling.  We were a little protected in the creek to the left of the launch, but once you got out on the main lake it was pretty tough to manage.  Still, we caught 12 bass between the three of us, and my son caught the largest at 4.5 lbs, which was his PB, so it was an exciting day for him.  We tried a little bit of everything, but didn't catch fish on anything but TRW, mostly black.  One was on a senko.  We fished all the way around the lake, and the 12 fish we caught were pretty randomly distributed throughout the lake.  The wind got the best of us, and we decided to eat some BBQ at the truck and call it a day at noon.  Still, great day to get out and fish with two of my favorite fishing buddies on one of my favorite places to fish.