Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21508
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 06/08/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 44 LMB; 6 crappie
Lures Used : Chatterbait

Triple J is an awesome fishery.  Top five at 24.8 lbs, with 5.62 as the big one of the day.  8 culls and 6 crappie removed.  Bluegills are spawing on west shoreline.  Cast chatterbait with 3.8 keitech trailer parallel to shoreline, about 30 feet from shore, in 6-10 foot depth, retrieve very slowly, catch LMB, repeat.  When bored, throw lure at deep spot near middle of dam, catch slab crappie.  Consistent from sun-up to 6:30pm.  

Jun 09 2019

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Morning Greg,

How was the road from the gate to the boat launch? It had become a bit rutted and difficult for automobile passage earlier in the year. Also, did you find any fish on the timber in the shallow areas?

Dave

Jun 10 2019

Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hi David, the road/cattle trail was rock hard and smooth on Saturday, but with the storm and rain on Sunday, I suspect the conditions have changed.  I spent about 5 minutes in the north arm timber but didn't get a bite.  The lake level is about 12-18 inches lower than two months ago, so the water depth in the timber is only about 2 feet and what was formerly submerged timber cover is now above the waterline.

Jun 10 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

I would not recommend driving anything other than a high clearance (truck, SUV) to this lake, if you plan to drive to the water. Tall grass and uneven ground is not your friend if your driving a sedan or lower riding vehicle.