Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21867
Property Name : Triple J Ranch
Reservation Date : 08/03/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 18 LMB; 2 crappies
Lures Used : chatterbait; crankbait

I fished Triple J on 8/3/19.  I caught 18 LMB and two crappie with two LMB and the crappies culled.  Top five LMB were 23.52, with 6.42, 5.86, 4.82, 3.3 and 3.12, with one more at 3 lbs, some 2lbers and the rest about 15 inches.  The day started well with a 3lber and the 5.86 by 7:00am, then the rain started and the bite died off.  I took a break for lunch to get out of the rain, which actually stopped close to noon, and I changed my lures from bluegill imitation to shad colors and the bite improved substantially in the afternoon.  I don’t think I have seen shad in my previous visits this year to Triple J, so they must be a recent stocking.  The bass are clearly enjoying them.  Triple J is looking very fertile and healthy, with visibility at 12-18 inches and a 10 foot wide grass bed extending from the shore, pretty much all around the lake.  The water temperature was 85 at arrival, and due to the mild temperatures and rain, actually fell to 84 by mid-day.  I found bass with my electronics through-out the middle of the lake in 8-10 feet, from the dam to the boat launch area, where they were typically suspended at about 5 feet, making them very challenging to catch today.