Grinding it Out at Rock Chimney 8-9-19

Aug 09 2019

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Fellow member John Shepard and I rolled onto the property at the crack of dawn and fished till noon. John got it started by catching a nice bass on a topwater 15min into our morning session. It would be the first of his 13 LMB. In the meantime I used my new fly rod throwing a popper till 7:15am with no action. Unfortunately for me my day didn’t get much better using baitcasting and fitness gear, catching just two small bass 12-14” using a shallow running lipless crankbait and a 6” ribbontail worm on a shaky head set up. 

John had success all over the main part of the tank using a lipless crank and shallow running sq bill. He also had some success with soft plastics and had one nice fish using an under spin set up. Most of his fish were in the 2-3lb range with perhaps one getting close to 4lbs. 

The tank is down about 3’ and has a water clarity ~2ft. 

Enjoyed chatting with Mr. Stanley just before departing! Always enjoy catching up with him!

Bob

Aug 10 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Bob

Was the bank muddy.

Thanks

Steve

Aug 10 2019

Bob Scheidemann

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Steve,

Most of the exposed bank with the reservoir currently down 3’ was dry. The only really muddy area was inside the fence line along the dam. The whole dam is fishable from the bank if you wear waterproof boots. I found a great pair of black, calf high, rubber boots at Dicks for $16 bucks! Very handy wether fishing from kayak, Jon boat or walking the bank.

Bob

Aug 11 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thank you. I still need to get the fly outfit

Aug 12 2019

John Shepard

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Steve,

You won't have any trouble launching your bass boat.

John

Aug 12 2019

Steve Carpenter

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thank you