Shawn Brogan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 21964
Property Name : Backside of the Moon Lake
Reservation Date : 08/11/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 25
Lures Used : Senko, cranks, jigs, chatters

Great place! Definitely isolated! No cell service so let your loved ones know. Dawg days of August over 100 degrees and still caught 25. Lost 11 that hit while reeling up. Definitely more like 30 min to get back there if you are pulling a trailer, very rough terrain. Biggest fish was 3 lbs. No giants. My graph batteries didn’t charge for some reason so we fished blind basically and still did ok just beating the banks.  Awesome place to fish. I’m sure it wld have been better if it wasn’t so hot and 15 mph winds. I will definitely fish it again! 

Aug 12 2019

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Two great reports in a row on Backside of the Moon.  Makes me want to try it when it gets a little cooler.  How is the boat at that location? What about water clarity, was it more than a foot? Has anyone had success there throwing top water.  

Aug 20 2019

Shawn Brogan

Fry

Number of Posts :

Water clarity was about a foot. No action on top water which I was surprised. Took the kayaks instead of my 20’ boat which they didn’t recommend. I’m glad I didn’t push it bc I wouldn’t have been able to get my boat down there w the sharp turns and rough terrain. It was hard w the kayak trailer. The boat there was a small v bottom maybe 12’ which we didn’t use. 

Aug 20 2019

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thank you for the info, now I need to get the courage to make the trek.