Kevin Fuller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22386
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 11/04/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 8 6 bass 2 crappie
Lures Used : Flies

Fished both lakes at Bluebonnet today with a guest.  We both stuck with fly rods for the day and the wind just gave us fits.  The big lake fished pretty tough.  We each managed 1 bass and 1 crappie fishing from sun up to about 9:30 a.m.   I think this lake is gonna be great but couldn't get it figured out today.  Much of the lake runs pretty shallow - the grass is greatly diminished but still a factor.   Just couldn't find them and get them biting today.  We decided to fish the smaller lake and by the time we re launched the wind was blowing pretty good and it made slinging our flies, staying anchored and running a trolling motor super hard.  We fished till about noon and gave it up.  We landed 4 bass on the little lake.  All the bass were super healthy and good looking bass - nothing big - two pounders - but great fighting fish.  Last time I took my spinning rod and pulled it out when the wind started howling.  We stayed all fly rod today and it just wasn't the day to hit these lakes with the floppy rod.  Love this property and I'll be back on a less windy day to give it another go.