Andrew Schoonover

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22419
Property Name : Bridle Oaks Ranch
Reservation Date : 11/05/2019 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 15
Lures Used : Senko, Pop'r, keitech

Im always adamant about hitting the lake just before the sun peaks over the Horizon so I left my house shortly after 5am for the 1hr 15min trip to Bridle Oaks from west Austin. No problems until I hit FM972. The last time I was on this stretch my dad and I almost lost control of the car as there was 30 ft span of unmarked gravel. Transition from pavement to full on gravel at 70 mph to truly test your driving abilities. I was ready for it this time...slowed down, came over the hill, but in addition to gravel there was a guy laying in the middle of the road. This time I transitioned from pavement to gravel, jerked the steering wheel left to keep from hitting the dude in the middle of the road (i estimate I missed him by 2 or 3 feet) and ended up sideways about 20 ft beyond the guy. Turned around to see what was up and realized this guy wasn't as lucky on the road transition. His car was overturned in the middle of the adjacent field. Fortunately he was in good enough condition to climb out and get to the road. Got up to him, he was gurgling blood, told me he couldn't breath, with his collar bone clearly broken, and kept asking me if he was going to die. I prayed for Chris like I've never prayed before. Called 911 which fortunately got there in under 10 minutes. EMS thought that he would be ok, probably broken ribs that collapsed a lung. He was conscious and speaking when I left but keep Chris in your prayers. Other than that....~15 fish in 4 hours with biggie being just shy of 4lbs. Fish were very very healthy and pulled well beyond their weight. Fun day on the water. 

Nov 06 2019

John Hufstedler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Goodness!  Fortunate for Chris that you leave early.  Kudos for helping and for praying for him. I will keep him in my prayers.

Nov 06 2019

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

What are the odds, glad he's going to be alright. They need to put up a sign. 

Nov 07 2019

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Wow. What a story. Jackson Bean had a similar one about 5 years ago. If I remember correctly he pulled up on an accident that had just happened on his way to Sulphur Bluff Timber Lake. I believe some or all of the accident victims did not survive. 

I'm glad EMS was there quickly. I love that you prayed for him.