Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22640
Property Name : Pecan Gap
Reservation Date : 12/14/2019 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 2 LMB; 1 white crappie
Lures Used : chatter bait; jigs; jerk bait

Harrison Papaila and I fished Pecan Gap on 12/14/19 from about 10:00am to 4:00pm.  Cold, sunny day, with water temperature at 48-49 degrees, a bit cooler than we were expecting, but probably not surprising since Pecan Gap is about 90 miles further north than Dallas where I have been monitoring temperatures.  I caught a white crappie and a cull bass on a jerkbait near the shore in the NE corner.  Later in the afternoon, Harrison made a long cast to a deep hole in the NE corner of the lake with a 3/4 oz chatterbait that he was slow rolling along the bottom.  Harrison hooked a very nice LMB, that weighed in at 6.68 lbs.  It was a very impressive specimen of a fish, so I wanted to share the pictures and a few details.  It was 21 1/8 inches, which at 6.68 lbs, puts it a full pound above the TPWD chart (about 17% higher than the chart average).  The football girth on this fish was exceptional and it also had a shad tail sticking out of its throat.  The cold water coloration on this fish was a picture-perfect green, gold, black and white, and it had deep red gill plates, all indicators of exceptional fish health and water quality.  This fish also had a marker tag by its dorsal fin.

Dec 15 2019

David May

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

I love Pecan Gap. Fewer bites but bigger bites. Nice fish! 

Dec 20 2019

Chris Casner

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

That's a real fatty.