Six O

Dec 29 2019

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Caught 3. Two culls. Took a prospective member, was hoping for more. Maybe next time. 

Dec 29 2019

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

I have fished Six O over the last 18 years and it is a tough cold water bite.  Take your friend back to six o in April and throw plastics.  I don't use electronics but any success I've had in winter months was fishing deep all the points.  Best lure was either a silver rattletrap or a sexy Shad crankbait. I would take your friend  to a lake with darker water and shallow. Julian was always a great February location to fish. I would throw a red spinner with brass willow blades or a soft fluke. I stood at the end of the dock and catch them consistently.  Very shallow and dark.  I hope your friend will give PWF another try. Best thing since sliced bread and soon the magical new Deer Trail will be available.  Now I want to go fishing but I have entire downstairs torn apart painting and new floors. If nothing else he had to love Six O beauty and the pontoon boat.

Dec 30 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Robert,

What is this Deer Trail you speak of?  New property?

Dec 30 2019

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

It's a teaser like what the news and weather does to us on TV.  Out at Sulphur Bluff we have a site called timber but as you drive down 69 to get to timber you pass by the entrance for Deer Trail.  It was a great site until overflow spillway gave away and the lake drained.  The owner has rebuilt the lake and it has been stocked. Just waiting for those Bass to grow.  The new lake even has Al Capone Cadillac at the bottom of the lake.  I got to fish Deer Trail just before the lake drained.  It was a period of heavy rains and the lake overflowed into a field and the top water bite in that field was amazing. So when Steve says it's time it should be fun.

Dec 30 2019

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Well it may not be Al Capone's Cadillac but it is a Cadillac.  They have put in some unique structure.  There was an email or post that Steve sent out on rebuilding the lake.  

Dec 30 2019

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Oh great to hear!  Thanks Robert.

Sorry to Hi-Jack your fishing report William.

Dec 30 2019

William Butler

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

No big deal.  I just wish we'd have caught a ton so he'd join.  I need a reliable fishing partner.