Stephen Johnston

Fry

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22853
Property Name : Bluebonnet Ridge
Reservation Date : 01/25/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 19/dinks - 3.5 lbs
Lures Used : Rage Bug, Chatter bait, Swim jig

My son and I fished a full day at Bluebonnet Ridge.  We arrived about 9:30 am and started at the big lake.  The day started promising with my son catching 2 fish off the bank right away on a chatter bait.  We then got in the boat which was a mistake.  The wind was really blowing and even with a drift sock we were getting blown all over the lake.  We kept getting blown into shallow water which was covered in heavy grass and then had to wrestle the boat back out to the main lake and remove the forest of vegetation now attached to the trolling motor.  After repeating this process several times we gave up and returned to the shore.  We fished the shore for a little while catching one bass on a Texas rigged rage bug.  Not having much success we left and went to the smaller lake.  The wind was howling and we decided to just fish the bank.  We had good success in the afternoon fishing the entire bank catching a total of 16 at that lake.  2 were dinks but the rest were nice fish ranging from 2-3.5 lbs.  The fish were very healthy looking and fat.  All the fish caught on this lake were caught with a chatter bait and a swim jig.  The conditions were tough with the wind and the water temperature of the big lake reading 48 degrees.  All in all a good day catching 19 in those conditions.  We look forward to seeing how it fishes in the Spring.