Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22830
Property Name : Hickory Creek Ranch Lakes
Reservation Date : 01/26/2020 PM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 34 / 8 harvested
Lures Used : Tubes /flukes

when we got there we tried fishing from the bank but the lake is down somewhat. So we loaded the boat and headed across the lake.  We started hooking up some nice fish. Most of our action For the day was in the middle of the lake. We were throwing watermelon seed flukes and smoke color tubes. We also had some good action down by the dam in 10' of water.  So for the day we harvested 8 small bass around 10" and returned 16 bass that were mostly female or obese males from 16 to 19". We also caught 10 slab crappie that we returned since I was not sure about harvesting. I thought since nothing was on private watering fishing site about harvesting crappie that they might be the owners favorite fish to catch. All in all it was a fun afternoon with only a few periods of 30 minutes or so with no action.  

Jan 27 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Hi Bob,

Thanks for harvesting. 

On ALL club lakes you are welcome to keep all the crappie you want. On All club lakes, except Ben Wheeler Twin Lakes, you are welcome to keep all catfish that you catch. 

Thanks

Jan 27 2020

Robert Lundin

Keeper

Number of Posts :

Thanks, next time we will take those crappies.  My son in law has never tasted a crappie.  He likes the bass but once he tastes crappie we will be fishing all the time.  We found that by using magnum flukes we were only hooking bass.  If we dropped down to super flukes we got a mixed bag. If we just thru 4" fluke we couldn't keep the crappie hook the hook.  The best two areas for crappie were directly across from the dock and along the dam in about 10' of water. These are slabs.  We tried Ned rigs but no luck which I found strange.  The fluke were watermelon seed and Ned rigs were smoke with blue flecks. The Ned's were a hot ticket item at Bedrock ranch. Hickory creek is a nice location from a year ago we caught bigger bass this year. Want a laugh this year we caught 34 fish and last year 66 but the size is a big improvement.  No one on I-45 last night pulling a bass boat caught 34. Never had a chance to fish it for top water bite but I bet it would be a killer once that water hits 65F.