No money on the bank

Feb 02 2020

Daniel Martinez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Everything was right but the bite…nice shore line, nice boat and structure poles, but we got nothing from the bank. Maybe next time.

Feb 16 2020

Maxwell Fisher

Fry

Number of Posts :

Could you elaborate? 

Feb 16 2020

Daniel Martinez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Maxwell,

We had a AM reservation. Pulling up we were excited, the lake looks well managed and Juicy. Unfortunately we had no luck fishing from the bank. We threw swimbaits, senkos, chatterbaits and squarebills from all areas where you could fish from. Not a bite.  We could reach a couple of the marked structures from the bank. This lake is well groomed with a nice bass boat. The water was fairly clear and about 45 degrees without too much grass/moss if any. I'm happy to answer any specific questions.

Feb 16 2020

Maxwell Fisher

Fry

Number of Posts :

Daniel - Thank you for the additional info. We had no luck last year at that lake. I was told when fishing is tough to drop shot plastic worms adjacent to the submerged trees and brush but no luck. We stink at fishing I suppose.

I do recall being exhausted from carrying my battery and such from the drive to the bank. 

Good luck,

Maxwell

Feb 16 2020

Dale Pybus

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Gents,

In early Spring it might prove better to fish after 2 p.m.

Look for the warmest water close to deep water.

Feb 17 2020

Steve Alexander

Admin

Number of Posts :

Listen to Dale. AM fishing  in late winter and early Spring is usually tougher. A warm sunny February and March afternoon can often turn the fish on. 

Feb 17 2020

Daniel Martinez

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks for the advice fellas, AM is all we can get away with…son's baseball practice is in the afternoon. We won't give up on this spot, in fact I just picked up a trolling motor and battery. 

it's nice knowing there is a community willing to take the time to comment, keep it up!

May 12 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Daniel

Thinking about Weston for next trip…Did you have to park up on the dam or can you make down to the water…thinkin battery lugging?

Kerry

May 13 2020

Daniel Martinez

Fry

Number of Posts :

It was dry so I was able to drive down to the launch/boat. Good luck!

May 13 2020

Kerry Wages

Fry

Number of Posts :

Thanks Daniel…We'll give it the ole college try….

KW