Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22904
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 02/08/2020 All Day -
Total Fish/Sizes : 9 LMB; 4.96-cull
Lures Used : Chatterbait, lipless crank bait

Harrison Papaila and I fished Lake Side on Saturday 02/08/20, from 9:45 - 5:00.  The lake level is up a little bit from the recent rain/snow(?) and back to visibility of about 6 inches.  We caught a total of 9 LMB, at 4.96, 4.2, 3.68, 3.5, four more at about 2.5 lbs, and one cull that was just below 14 inches.  The 4.96 was 21.25 inches and the 4.2 was a little more than 20 inches.  The fish at Lake Side looked a bit skinny this trip.  Water temperatures was 49 upon arrival, only rising to 50 during the day.

Feb 09 2020

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Greg, 

Thanks for the report   I'm headed there early March   Were the caught fish shallow or deep main lake?

Also, did you launch a boat or have any thoughts on the launch area for launching a 14 ft aluminum boat with a 2wd SUV   From reading other reports and the site description, I get the impression the launch area is a gradual slope. Hopefully dry when we go. 

Feb 09 2020

Greg Zimmerman

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Hi Chris, we caught all fish shallow.  We found plenty of fish deep in the main lake suspended at about 8-12 feet but we had no success getting any of them to bite, despite trying many different techniques.  We launched a 17 foot aluminum boat without issue.  The launch area is a gradual slope to the water edge, but it depends on the water level at the lake.  The water level has risen just enough that you do not have to drop your back tires off the shore edge to float the boat.  This was not the case at Lake Side until the recent rains, so I would caution that if the water level drops even a small amount, you may not be able to launch/recover a boat with two-wheel drive only, so I hope that we get more rain and the water level continues to rise! 

Feb 09 2020

Chris Haller

Slot Fish

Number of Posts :

Thanks Greg.  Good info.