Keith Barfield

Fingerling

Number of Posts :

Reservation Number : 22961
Property Name : Lake Side
Reservation Date : 02/09/2020 AM -
Total Fish/Sizes : 3, totaling 14 lbs
Lures Used : Soft plastics, swimbaits,, jigs & cranks,

With an eye on the stormy weather predictions, I woke up early Sunday morning and made a last-minute reservation. The rain held off until 4:30, so I’m glad I did.  Pre-frontal windy, cloudy, conditions produced quality over quantity. No culls.  Fished from 8 to 5.

Only had four bites all day, landed 3.  Biggest was 6.4 lbs. caught on a Spro BBZ-1 swimbait at 11:15. As mentioned in Greg’s Saturday report, the big fish was a tad on the skinny side. See pic below. No real pattern detected, two biggest fish caught on the east end with one on the south end across from dock.

No fish along the dam or around dock. In three trips now to Lake Side, I don’t think I’ve ever caught a single fish on the dam. Go figure. All fish caught between 10:45 and 1:15.

Water up to the retaining wall with clarity at less than a foot.  Water temp warmer than expected at 52 - 54 degrees.

Other fish (4.0 & 3.7 lbs) caught on a TxRig green pumpkin senko and a blue/black FB head jig. Nothing on jerkbaits, cranks, spoons or chatterbaits.

Great day to be on the water!